Sunday

Soul Singing








HOW GREAT THOU ART
Verse 1:O Lord my God! When I in awesome wonderConsider all the worlds Thy hands have made.I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,Thy power throughout the universe displayed.
Refrain:Then sings my soul, my Saviour God, to Thee;How great Thou art, how great Thou art!Then sings my soul, my Saviour God, to Thee:How great Thou art, how great Thou art!
Verse 2:When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeurAnd hear the brook and feel the gentle breeze: (Repeat Refrain.)
Verse 3:And when I think that God, His Son not sparing,Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in;That on the cross, my burden gladly bearing,He bled and died to take away my sin:(Repeat Refrain.)
Verse 4:When Christ shall come with shout of acclamationAnd take me home, what joy shall fill my heart!Then I shall bow in humble adoration,And there proclaim, my God, how great Thou art!(Repeat Refrain.)

Carl Gustav Boberg Author Swedish Poem - Stuart K. Hine (English Translator)
Voted favorite hymn second after Amazing Grace

No comments: