Friday

The Broken Bones Will Dance


Soak me in your laundry and I'll come out clean
Scrub me and I'll have a snow-white life.    
Tune me in to foot-tapping songs,       
Set these once-broken bones to dancing.    
Don't look too close for blemishes,       
Give me a clean bill of health.    
God, make a fresh start in me,       
Shape a Genesis week from the chaos of my life.    
Don't throw me out with the trash,       
Or fail to breathe holiness in me.    
Bring me back from gray exile,       
Put a fresh wind in my sails!    
Give me a job teaching rebels your ways       
So the lost can find their way home.    
Commute my death sentence, 
God, my salvation God,       
And I'll sing anthems to your life-giving ways.    
Unbutton my lips, dear God;       
I'll let loose with your praise. 

No comments: